Sick of the shutdown? Fed up with our government? Did you know that six New Jersey Representatives are supporting Speaker Boehner over the government shutdown. I’ve linked to their contact forms on their names. If you’re in their district, you can submit a form there. Or why not post something to them on Facebook? I’ve listed those links too.
- Frank LoBiondo (Facebook) 2nd district including Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean and Salem counties. (more info at Wikipedia).
- Jon Runyan (Facebook)- 3rd district including parts of Burlington and Ocean counties (more info at Wikipedia).
- Chris Smith (Facebook)- 4th district including parts of Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean counties (more info at Wikipedia)
- Leonard Lance (Facebook) – 7th district including parts of Essex, Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Union, Warren (more info at Wikipedia)
- Rodney Frelinghuysen (Facebook) – 11th district including parts of Essex, Morris, Passaic and Sussex counties (more info at Wikipedia)
- Scott Garrett (Facebook) – 5th district including parts of Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, Warren counties (more info at Wikipedia)
I sent the below to all six of them via Facebook.
Republicans voted 42 times to defund the ACA and lost. You fought the ACA all the way to the Supreme Court and lost. Now you’ve shut down the government.
This is not democracy. That is not how our government is supposed to work.
As a resident of New Jersey, I am ashamed that any of our representatives would stand behind this. You’ve put people out of work, affected New Jersey’s economy, shut down social services for millions of women and children, and made the country a laughingstock in the whole world’s eyes.
Please reconsider your stance in this debacle, and urge Speaker Boehner to bring a clean bill up for a vote.
Won’t you do the same and speak your mind to them?